Integration: Linking and Unlinking Notes Follow
Sometimes a staff member may forget to select their appointment when creating a note. This will prevent that note from linking to the corresponding appointment in Aloha ABA. Luckily, you can manually link (and unlink) appointments as needed.
Each staff member is able to see their own appointments in Motivity. That means they can also link and unlink their own appointments as needed.
If you would like an administrative role to have access to all staff member and learner appointments, turn on the following appointments:
- View Calendar
- View Member Calendars
View Calendar is found in the Learner permissions and allows a role to see a learner's appointments on that learner's profile. You can limit this permission to "if on team" or expand it to "all learners".
View Member Calendars is found in the Members permissions and allows a role to link and unlink notes for any member. This permission cannot be limited so once it is turned on, that role can link and unlink notes for all Members.
The View Calendar and View Member Calendars permissions are independent of each other so you can leave one off while the other is on and vice versa.
Link Appt- only visible if a note is not currently linked to an appointment.
Appt - only visible if a note is currently linked to an appointment.
Green - the note is linked to an appointment and appointment and session note times match.
Yellow - the note is linked to an appointment and the times do not match.
Red - the note is linked to an appointment that is now deleted or canceled in Aloha.
Link a note by doing the following:
- Select the note
- It must be unsigned in order to link to an appointment
- Click the Link Note icon in the top-right corner
- If an appointment exists for the date of the note, it will display all appointment options available to you
- Select the appointment to which you want the note linked
- You can scroll back and forth and use the calendar icon to select a different appointment date
- Linking to an appointment with a differing date and time will make the session note match the details of the linked appointment
Unlink a note by doing the following:
- Select the note
- It must be unsigned in order to unlink from an appointment
- Click the Appt icon in the top-right corner
- This will show you basic appointment details and the option to Unlink
- Select the Unlink button
- The session note is now a "stand-alone note"
To resolve mismatched times you can do the following:
- Select a note with the yellow icon
- It must be unsigned in order to revise time
- Click on the Appt icon in the top-right corner
- Select Revise Time
- Input the time to match the appointment
If the session note is reflecting the correct time and the appointment time is wrong, change the appointment time in Aloha.