Before you assign member permissions, you need to create roles and designate permissions for each role.
The system comes with one built-in role: Owner.
When you create a new Organization, you are automatically assigned the Owner role.
The Owner role has all permissions.
The Owner role cannot be modified or renamed.
An Organization must have at least one Owner, but there can be multiple Owners.
Only an existing Owner can assign the Owner role to other members in an Organization.
Proceed with caution! If you make someone else an Owner, they could do anything in the Organization, e.g. delete the Organization entirely, or demote you and make themselves the sole Owner!
Creating a New Role
To create a role, click on the plus sign in the top right corner and name the role you would like to create.
For example, you can make the following roles:
- Behavior Tech
The roles will be displayed alphabetically. You can set role permissions to view learners, add/edit learners, assign programs to learners, view/edit/add data, set target state (e.g. mastering targets, putting targets on hold), view/edit/assign team members to learners, and manage roles.
Slide the ball across the bar to set levels of permission for each role. You can slide the bar halfway to give the role permission only "if on team" or "if assigned" meaning that they only have this permission only if they are assigned to that learner's team. See Assign members to a team article to learn how to assign members to a learners team.
If you slide it all the way to the right, that role will have permission to perform that action with all learners. See below for a definition of each permission.
- View learners basic info- view a learners basic info such as their nickname.
- View learners protected info- view learners full name, demographics and other identifiers.
- Edit learners protected info- edit learners full name, demographics and other identifiers.
- Add & Remove Learners- add and remove learners and edit their information. This would allow the member to add or delete learners profiles.
- View Programs: View instructions, all targets and transition rules.