Motivity structures treatment plans and treatment plan goals quite differently than other softwares in the industry. The defined structure for writing treatment goals allows the user to then access that information quickly and easily in a report or document.
Creating a Treatment Plan
To create a new treatment plan, go to Learners > Choose a Learner > Treatment Plan. If this is the first treatment plan for this learner, you’ll see No Treatment Plans in the middle of the screen. Click + Plan in the top right corner, then name your treatment plan. It’s standard practice to name your treatment plan with the type of therapy being administered (i.e.- ABA Treatment Plan, Speech and Language Treatment Plan).
- A learner can have multiple treatment plans.
- A program/target can be linked to multiple treatment goals, but they cannot be within the same treatment plan.
After creating and naming your treatment plan, you’ll now need to enter in domain categories for this treatment plan. Click + Domain in the top right corner to create a domain within your treatment plan.
- Domains are used as section titles in your treatment plan and progress report (you may need to check the payors template and domain structure).
- Domains are unique to the individual treatment plan. This allows you to combine or disregard certain domains that you don’t want within your reports (i.e.- Communication & Social Skills).
- There is no maximum number of domains you can create.
Creating Treatment Goals
After creating your domains, you can now start writing your treatment goals into the system. Click + Goal in the top right corner to begin. Write your full treatment goal then click Create Goal.
Once created, you can enter the following data in a structured format.
- Estimated goal completion date
- Operational definition
- Baseline information
- Generalization information
- Mastery criteria
- Clinical updates
Linking Programs & Targets to Treatment Goals
Now that you have treatment goals set up within Motivity, you can link existing or new programs and targets directly to their corresponding treatment goals. This allows you to not only keep constant track of treatment goals, but also will eventually allow you to bring program data into a detailed progress report.
- Navigate to Learner > Choose a Learner > Programs & Progress
- Choose a program
- On the right side of the screen you will see trophy icons next to each program, set, and target.
- Click on a trophy icon, then click Select Goal to link a treatment goal directly to a target.
- Linking a treatment goal to a program will link all learners targets with that treatment goal.
- Linking a treatment goal to a set will link all learner targets with that treatment goal.
- You can override an individual target to be linked to a different treatment goal.
- If you override a treatment goal at the set level, all children targets of that set will also be overridden.