This article will cover how to set up a shortcut or widget on your personal device for Motivity. This will allow you to quickly access Motivity instead of going through the browser on your device. Below are instructions for both Apple and Android devices.
There are two ways to add widgets or shortcuts to your home screen. Which method you select will depend on which browser you prefer to use. Using the Shortcuts app will require a few more steps to set up but will allow you to use the Chrome browser.
Using Safari to directly create a widget:
1. Open Safari on your device and navigate to the Motivity page - app.motivity.net
2. Click on the share icon at the bottom (the square with the arrow)
3. Select "Add to Home Screen" from the options and click add in the top right corner.
4. This will create a widget that you can now use to access Motivity directly.
Using the Shortcuts App to create a shortcut (Chrome or Safari browsers)
1. Open the "Shortcuts" app in your iPhone
2. Tap the + sign in the top right corner
3. Tap "Add Action" and search for the browser you'd like to use (e.g., Chrome).
4. Tap on "Open URLs in Chrome"
5. Tap on the URL box and type in the Motivity website - app.motivity.net
6. You can tap in the long box to rename the widget and change the color of the icon
7. Tap on the 3 dots in the blue box and click "Add to Home Screen"
8. Tap add (You can skip step 6 and name the widget in this screen instead)
9. will create a shortcut that you can now use to access Motivity directly.
To create a shortcut on an Android device:
1. Open your browser and navigate to app.motivity.net
2. Tap the three dot menu that is in the top left corner
3. Click on "Add to Home Screen"
4. You now have a shortcut on your home screen that will go directly to Motivity.
Last edited 8/3/22